The two main ingredients in this salad are Quinoa and Beetroot. Both are incredibly good for you and taste great together
Quinoa is one of the most nutrient rich grains around, being a good source of iron, needed to transport oxygen around the body, B vitamins for energy, calcium and magnesium for healthy nervous system function, and vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant. The grain mix used in this salad is a combination of red,black and white quinoa and amaranth, which like quinoa was first cultivated by the Incas.
Beetroots are an excellent source of folic acid and a very good source of fibre, manganese and potassium. They are also gaining popularity as a superfood.
- 1 cup Ceres Organics Super Grain mix (available from our online shop)
- 2 cups shredded raw beetroot
- I red onion finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 250g feta or goats cheese
- 2 cups raw baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Cook the Super Grain mix according to the packet directions and allow to cool completely.
- Mix together the beetroot, onion, walnuts, cheese and spinach.
- Thoroughly combine the honey, mustard, oil and vinegar, and pour over the salad.
- Stir through and season to taste.