Makes 24 Cookies
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Fructose Free
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ Teff flour
- ½ cup of dark chocolate bits (gluten free)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil, in liquid form
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 120 degree Celsius and line a tray with greased baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the Teff flour, salt and dark chocolate bits and set aside.
- In a food processor combine all the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Hint: If your coconut oil is solidified microwave it first.
- Add your processed mixture to the Teff flour mix and stir until incorporated. The batter will be thick, but will still be moist when you pick it up with your hands.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop some of the mixture. Roll each portion in between the palms of your hands until smooth and round. Place the round ball of the prepared cookie sheet and gently press down with a fork to flatten.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes then cool completely before serving. The cookies will be fragile when they come straight out of the oven, allow them to cool completely before handling.
You can make the batter 24 hours in advance and place it in an airtight container in the fridge and let it sit outside for about one hour before baking.