We are so excited to add Edenvale Milling Canary Seed Flour to our ever expanding range of Gluten Free products. For a short time, the 375g pack is being offered at a special introductory price of $13.85; that’s a massive 25% off. Once you read about the incredible health benefits, you’ll want to add it to your pantry staples.
(All information has been sourced from our supplier Edenvale Milling (Kingaroy) and Peruvian company Inkanat.)
Canary Seed (Phalaris canariensis) is loaded with the most abundant enzyme lipase that is responsible for removing excess body fat; it has a good recharge capacity enzyme and is high in protein content. It contains as much protein as meat, but with stable amino acids, which are assimilated easily and leave no toxic residues in the body.
Canary Seed is formed by a 16.6% protein, which would work on different areas of the digestive system. In addition, this seed contains 11.8% fibre, which facilitates the digestive process. Amongst its components, salicylic acid and oxalic acids, these enzymes provide canary seed with an immense power to deflate our organs, particularly the liver, kidneys and pancreas, therefore regenerating pancreatic function immensely
Canary Seed contains 7 times more potassium than a banana and more calcium than a cup of skimmed milk.
How is Canary Seed Flour Consumed?
Canary Seed Flour can be used wholly (100%) in baking. Studies have shown that it works especially well in baking cookies, a variety of flat breads and cakes,with a 100% flour mix being used (for Self Raising Canary Seed Flour, simply add 2 teaspoons of Bicarb to each cup of flour). When making bread up to 25% Canary Seed Flour can be used in the mix without affecting the texture, colour or volume.
For a quick Canary fix for a busy lifestyle, 2-3 heaped tablespoons to a 500ml glass of coconut water, or add to a smoothy for breakfast or lunch on the go.
Canary Seed Flour has so many great benefits and properties including:
- Most importantly for our customers, Canary Seed Flour is Gluten Free
- It has a powerful ability to recharge enzymes
- Excellent source of antioxidants, which prevent aging and premature aging of the skin
- High content of plant proteins
- Enzymes of this wonderful little seed are an ideal natural remedy for swollen internal organs like the liver, kidneys and pancreas: Canary Seed is very powerful at regenerating pancreatic function, therefore significantly helping to reduce elevated blood glucose levels and eradicating diabetes in no time
- Eliminates cirrhosis by increasing the count of hepatocytes in the liver and it reduces inflammation. It recharges kidney enzymes which help eliminate excess fluids
- Prevents arteriosclerosis
- Helps in cases of gout and other types of rheumatism, edema, gastritis and stomach ulcers
- Ideal for hypertension
- Contains lipase, an enzyme that helps to purify harmful fats in the veins, arteries, or simply fat deposits, thus serving as an extraordinary remedy for obesity, cellulite, swollen abdomen, etc.
- Helps to burn fat, lowers cholesterol, and provides muscle tone. Very good food for weight control diets or cholesterol-lowering
- A great remedy for disorders of kidney and bladder (cystitis), effective against urinary tract infections because it kills bacteria in the urinary tract
Try it; experiment with Canary Seed Flour in your favourite recipes, and don’t forget to let us know what you think, either with a comment on this post, or on our Facebook page.